Sunday, April 6, 2014

theBalm Nude 'tude Eyeshadow Palette








Sassy, Stubborn, Selfish, Sophisticated, Sexy, Serious


Snobby, Stand-offish, Sultry, Seductive, Silly, Sleek


I bought this palette a while back, but I'm finally swatching it. I used theBalm's 50% off sale, so this palette ended up at around $18.00. You can buy it here. Got to admit though, I mostly picked this one because of the packaging. TheBalm's packaging reminds me a lot of Benefit's, with that old-timey feel. There's a Naughty and Nice version, but they both have the same colors. Of course, I got the Naughty one. 

I love neutral eyeshadows, and usually shades with less shimmer. These are mostly shimmer shades, but there are four matte ones (Sultry, Sexy, Serious, Sleek). The shadows are so soft, but I did notice a bit of fallout in them. One shade I didn't really like was Silly, just because the pigmentation doesn't seem to be as good and the glitter is quite chunky. Another one was Snobby, it's too orange for my taste. You can definitely create lots of different looks with this palette, dark and smokey, or light and shimmery.

The cardboard box feels pretty sturdy and it comes with a huge mirror. I do not use the little double-ended brush that came with it. It's not as soft as my other brushes.

So what do you think about this palette? Would you try it?

No comments:

Post a Comment