Friday, September 5, 2014

August Favorites


September is finally here and you know what that means? Exactly one month until my vacation! I'm a few days late on this post, but I just haven't found the motivation to blog. 

I've been super into doing masks lately, especially since this month, my skin was breaking out more than usual. I do a mask at least once a week, sometimes twice a week, just to clear out all the gunk, plus it feels nice.

This mask is intense, whenever I use it, I have to use a moisturizing mask afterwards. I have really sensitive skin, so there's a slight burning sensation when I first apply this, but it goes away pretty fast. I don't leave it on that long, only until the whole mask dries, which is about 10 minutes or so. This leaves my skin so clean, and my pores look smaller too afterwards.

My favorite exfoliating mask, this makes your skin so smooth and bright. It exfoliates without the scrubby bits, since this mask uses acids; it doesn't dry out your skin though. I can only use this once a week, which is recommended as well. It has a fruity smell and it feels like fruit puree jelly. Your skin definitely looks radiant after using this.

I got this in a Sephora set, but I kind of forgot about it until the past couple months. The skin under my eyes gets pretty dry and just looks so dull, especially when I don't get enough sleep (which is quite often).  This is not an anti-wrinkle cream, so I think this would be good for those people just starting to use eye creams. There are sparkles in this, to help your eyes look brighter and more awake, so I do not suggest using this at night.

Deborah Lippman Nail Lacquer - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun 
I've been loving this nail polish all summer long, not just in August. They describe it as a "carefree coral", and it is certainly a very bright, almost neon coral color. I like the gel-like finish it leaves behind the most. The color glides on smoothly and dries really fast too.

My love for these cream shadows is never-ending. Unfortunately, this color is discontinued, but maybe you can still find it in stores, but it's definitely not sold online anymore (I only checked Ulta, Target, and the drugstores online). I never thought I would wear red eye shadow, but surprisingly, it's very natural. The color is a burgundy, brown. You can build it up or wear it sheer. Perfect for the fall and winter months coming up.

Is anyone else excited for cardigans and boots weather? I'm really not sorry to say goodbye to summer :) What have you been loving this month?



No comments:

Post a Comment