Friday, December 5, 2014

Michelle Reads: #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso


This book was super popular a while back and I finally got to finishing it. For those that don't know, Sophia Amoruso is the founder of the online store, Nasty Gal. I've never personally bought anything from there, but the clothes on the site are super trendy and they have tons of brands for everyone's price range. 

#GIRLBOSS is sort of her autobiography, but it's also very inspirational and teaches all the girls out there that if you put hard work into what you set out to do, you will succeed. Even if there are bumps and barriers along the way. It was very interesting reading how Sophia Amoruso started her business, how in seven years, she made her tiny, one person job into a multi-million dollar company. She's very personable and relatable in her writing, with lots of humor added in. 

I highly recommend this book to anyone looking for some inspiration and motivation. Everyone can be a GIRLBOSS. This doesn't necessarily mean you have to run your own company, but I guess own your life and take charge of it. Because only you can do it.

Has anyone read this book? And what were your thoughts on it? :)



*BTW I'm starting a new feature on the blog, kind of like my weekly Music Mondays posts. I will put up at least one Michelle Reads post a month. This also forces me to read more. Hope you all will like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment