Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Rome Photo Diary

Rome. The Eternal City. Our last stop was the place I wanted to see the most. This city is overwhelming...to say the least. Once you arrive in the city center, you are bombarded by ruin after ruin, monument after monument, chiesa after basilica. How can anyone ever run out of things to do here? Even though I loved Rome, I think once is enough. Maybe when I'm older I'll want to come back. The city is beautiful, but the amount of tourists really turns you off. Be prepared. Having a local guide might be helpful too.

The ancient history of this city is so interesting and being able to see all these places and touching them was quite humbling actually. I felt so small and insignificant, compared to everything we saw. The artists of that time period created such awe-inspiring masterpieces and you wonder how they did even did it.

We made it to the Colosseo! Please buy your tickets in advance. You get to skip a very long line, unless you want to wait of course.


I wish we got to see the lower grounds.





These steps were so beautiful and quite easy to walk up too.



The Pantheon is literally in the middle of a busy square.



UNDER CONSTRUCTION. THAT IS A POSTER. I CRIED ON THE INSIDE. WHY??


The Spanish Steps. Too many people.


The view was nice at the top though.



Pizza!


Caprese salad (I ate this everyday)



This staircase is actually two, just like a double helix. This is how you exit the Vatican Museum.


Saint Peter's






Every church we went into had it's own special thing about it. This was one of my favorites. There are huge sculptures of the twelve apostles in this hall.






Our last meal in Rome had to include pizza.


The best gelato I've ever had in my life was at Giolitti's. I would love some hazelnut gelato right about now please.

I hope you guys have liked reading about my Europe adventures. I actually really liked writing these posts and sharing my pictures with you all. If I travel some more, I'll try to do these photo diaries again. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment