Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Chop Bar

It is currently Restaurant week! I wish I could try out all the restaurants, but that would be quite expensive. Chop Bar has been on my to try list for a couple years. This rustic feeling gastropub is located near Jack London Square in Oakland. The place isn't very big, super cozy with a nice ambiance. Definitely come here early to beat the rush. My friends and I all got the prix fix menu, which came with an appetizer, main course, dessert, and a glass of wine.  Overall, the food and service was excellent. I can't wait to come back again and try their pig roasts!

check them out on Yelp: Chop Bar


butternut squash, walnut pesto soup


pork confit served with red flint polenta, kale, pork jus


butternut squash risotto


meatloaf with garlic mashed potatoes, gravy and brussel sprouts (my favorite dish out of the three)


fruit crisp with vanilla gelato

No comments:

Post a Comment