Friday, March 28, 2014

Revlon Balms

If you don't have any of these balm sticks, go buy one, right now. No matter if it's the stains, the lacquers, or the mattes, you'll definitely find one you love. I know lots of people have reviewed these all over the internet, but I still wanted to show the ones I like the most. All these balm sticks have a peppermint scent and slight tingly feeling when you apply it, but it's not strong at all. It took a long time to pick which ones to buy, because there's just too many colors, but as you can see, I stuck to the pinks and reds.

left to right: Honey, Romantic, Smitten, Provocateur, Sultry, Standout
You can see the different types by the packaging as well.

left to right: Honey, Romantic, Smitten, Provocateur, Sultry, Standout

Honey (Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain)
I use this color the most, it's your typical MLBB(my lips but better) color. It's a nude pink color. No need for a mirror, I just swipe a few times and that's it.

Romantic (Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain)
This is the second most used color. It's an orange red color.

Smitten (Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain)
This one is really sheer, so you do need to swipe it a few more times to get a darker color. This one is a dark fuchsia.

Provocateur (Colorburst Lacquer Balm)
The lacquer balms are shinier and glossier than the balm stains, but it feels easier to glide on the lips. They do not last as long, but they're just as moisturizing. This color reminds me of strawberries.

Sultry (Colorburst Matte Balm)
The matte balms are incredible. They don't dry your lips and one coat of this stuff is enough to show up. The wear time is pretty good as well. It fades nicely, and leaves a slight stain behind, even though it doesn't claim to be a stain. This color is like a darker, matte version of Honey.

Standout (Colorburst Matte Balm)
This color was the one I wanted the most when I first heard about the matte balms coming out. It's a light and velvety application. I've always been afraid to wear dark, matte lip colors, but this one was just so pretty. It looks like a brick red color in the tube, but it's more of a cranberry red on the lips.

Tell me which ones you've tried and which ones you like!

4 comments:

  1. I seriously have to get my hands on these. Well go shopping when I get back hah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh hey, you figured the comments out! and yes, lets!

      Delete
  2. omg! I can't do it without a mirror. I feel like it'll just won't cover enough XD But man, all the colors look good on you! I have Honey but feel like it's too bright for me, but I think I'm not used to having color on my lips since I don't wear makeup normally. The Sultry looks reallyyy good. Maybe I'll pick one of those up sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha really? Honey is very close to my natural lip color and you should definitely try the matte ones, they are amazing!

      Delete