Saturday, July 5, 2014

From New York to Shanghai



left to right: Natural Beauty, New York Scene, Shanghai Sizzle

I hope everyone had a safe and fun Independence Day! It's currently 1:00 AM over here and I can still hear the fireworks going off.  I spent my day laying on the couch and painting my nails. It feels so nice to relax on this rare three-day weekend.
So I wanted to share some recent purchases today with you guys and do a mini review and first impression. Everything I bought was from Ulta, and right now they're having a sale, so take a look if you were eyeing anything.
The Revlon ColorStay Moisture Stains are new releases and every time Revlon has new lip products, I just have to try them. The two shades I picked were New York Scene and Shanghai Sizzle (hence the post title). I have to admit I picked them for the names. All the shades are named after cities by the way. These products are marketed as a liquid lipstick/gloss/stain. The consistency is a bit thicker, so it feels more like a balm. You can't just apply this without a mirror, you do have to be a bit precise. It is VERY pigmented, two layers will really make the colors pop. I don't think the products really have a glossy effect, but it is very moisturizing and feels comfortable to wear. This is definitely a hit or miss product though. People will either love or hate the consistency. The smell wasn't particularly nice either, but it goes away on application. Not a must-have product, but I do really like it.
Another lip product I've been wanting to try is the Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25 in Lemon and Chamomile. It smells so good, just like lemon and sweet cream! Jack Black is a men's line, but whoever said women can't use it too? I've been using it for about a week, and I really love it so far, but I'll keep testing it. I love the squeezy tube and that it has SPF in it. We always forget to protect our lips.
I've been putting off buying this blush for a long time, since it's not the cheapest blush out there and I never use blush anyway. But I succumbed and bought the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush in Natural Beauty. The color looks really scary in the pan, but I really wanted a red blush, since I only had peachy pink ones. The swatch looks super pigmented, but it's actually not as red as I thought it would be, it's actually a very natural-looking flush.
Last, but not least, is the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. I love these brushes, they're so soft! Very good quality for drug store. I wanted a new brush for applying liquid foundation, but I would also probably use this one for bronzer as well.

I hope you guys liked this mini haul! Let me know if you've tried any of these products!


No comments:

Post a Comment