Wednesday, July 16, 2014

A Saturday Night Out...

What better time to write a blog post than late at night? Wanted to share with you guys my Saturday night outfit and makeup look. Three of my friends decided to celebrate their birthdays together, which meant there were TONS of people at the club that night. I didn't really know most of people, but it was fun, I mostly went because I haven't seen my friends in such a long time. Seeing everyone reminded me of college freshman year memories. We all had a little Malcolm moment there. Hahaha. I haven't gotten this dolled up in a while, and I've definitely never wore this much makeup in my life EVER. It's fun though, once in a while. I've put my partying days behind me (I'm such a grandma now).



This is an old dress from ASOS from New Look (similar here), a super simple lace dress. I liked that it wasn't too short or too long (I don't have that hourglass figure, I look straight as a board).  I still feel super self-conscious when I wear form-fitting dresses. 
Love these criss-cross wedges from Chinese Laundry. Much easier to walk in than pointy heels, even though they were five inches tall (my feet died at the end of the night >.<).


And here is my makeup for the night. I really wanted to wear falsies, since I rarely get the occasion to. I decided to go for a more dramatic eye look than I would normally wear, winged my liner out a bit more too. Eye shadow is seriously so hard to apply on my hooded lids, but I hope I did an okay job. 
Eyeliner was Stila's Stay All Day liner in Black. I first applied Maybelline's Color Tattoo (see my post here) in Bad to the Bronze as an eyelid primer all over, then went over it with Stila's Mink (pictured here).  My fake lashes are from China, so if anyone is ever over there, you should definitely pick some up, they're super cheap and easy to apply. When you apply falsies, always curl your lashes first and apply mascara, it looks more natural. I also go over my lashes with mascara as a last step to make sure there's no gap.
Base is Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua in 22 Beige Rose and set with Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Translucent. Then I used a teeny tiny bit of the Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Natural Beauty on the apple of my cheeks (this stuff is seriously pigmented, just a dab was plenty). Did a little contour, but not really, since I don't think I'm very good at it, with NARS Laguna bronzer. Finally, on my lips, I used the OCC Lip Tar in Stalker, which is a true red.
It felt very unnatural wearing so much makeup, but it's so fun to apply. Practice makes perfect right? 

The week is almost half over! Go go go everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment