Thursday, July 31, 2014

July Favorites


And just like that, July is over. This month has been super hectic for me, so I'm glad it's finally done with. Work and apartment hunting is stressing me out so much, all I want to do is sleep when I get home. 
Anyways, it's been super hot here lately and I don't like to wear too much on my face when it feels like it's going to sweat off any second, so I've been just wearing a bolder lip and keeping everything else bare. And to keep my lips hydrated in this heat, I think I might have found my favorite lip balm EVER. The Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm is super duper moisturizing and I love that it's a squeezy tube, so no need to dirty fingers. It also has SPF 25, which is important since we tend to forget about protecting our lips from the sun. The consistency is like petroleum jelly, but since you only need a little tiny bit, it doesn't feel gloopy at all. I think what I like the most is the scent though, the one I have is Lemon Chamomile and it reminds me of a lemon cake, smells delicious!
Another lip product I've been using lots this month is the Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain in New York Scene. You can see my swatches here. This is more like a liquid lipstick but with a balmy consistency. It doesn't dry out your lips at all. I would say I got a few good hours of wear, and it would have lasted longer without eating or drinking. The colors are gorgeous and extremely pigmented, especially the darker colors. The only fault about this is the initial smell from the tube, but that goes away when you apply it.
I've been using the Ultra Repair Face Moisturizer  from First Aid Beauty for over a month now and I can definitely say that I like it. It's a much lighter consistency than the Ultra Repair Cream, which I still use at night. I've been using the moisturizer in the mornings and I like how it's so light and sinks in quickly. You need a pee sized amount for your entire face and it's really good to use under foundation as well.
Last favorite this month is my Bauble Bar Daisy necklace. I originally wanted the white one, but they were out of stock and sent me the ivory colored one instead, but I really like it anyways. I freaking love Bauble Bar, because it has absolutely everything for everyone. The prices are decent, without compromising quality, and they always have sales and flash deals.

Hope you all had a good month and let me know if you've tried any of these products or had any favorites to share! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment