Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Favorite Lip Colors for Summer

So I decided to make a small post about the lippies I like to wear during the warmer months and share them with you guys! Most of these are drugstore products, so nothing will break the bank, which everyone loves right? I always tend to go towards sheer reds and pinks as you can see below, but that's just because I like how low maintenance it is. It won't smear all over your lips when you eat either. I used to hate glosses, they were too sticky or just always got stuck to my hair, but I've found the formulas for the Maybelline, NYX, and Bite are really smooth, not sticky at all.


left to right:  Revlon Colorburst Laquer Balm in Provocateur, Revlon Just Bitten Kissable in Smitten, NYX Butter Gloss in Red Velvet, Bite Beauty Lip Gloss in Strangefruit, Revlon Lip Butter in Candy Apple, Maybelline Color Elixirs in Captivating Carnation, Tarte Lipsurgence Lip Tint in Elite


Provocateur is a really bright strawberry red and leaves a really nice stain as well. This has no shimmer and leaves a glossy finish. It's definitely a very eye-catching color.

Smitten is a sheer fuschia pink. It's very buildable, even though it starts off sheer. This one is definitely a stain, it was actually quite difficult to take it all off at the end of the night. You can read about my love affair with the Revlon Balms here! :)

Red Velvet is a deeper toned red, but since it's a gloss, it's not too dramatic. I love the smell of these glosses, just like vanilla. These are super easy to apply and very pigmented, but it wear off quite easily, especially after eating. They are very glossy and don't you just love the shade names? Yummm




Strangefruit looks bright purple in the tube, but its actually more pink than purple. These are really glossy and leave a beautiful wash of color. These glosses are made from healthy fruit ingredients, so they're good enough to eat! I love the concept of Bite Beauty, and all their lip colors are so gorgeous.

Candy Apple is an orange red color, but more orange. This is definitely not a color I wear often, since I think orange washes my skin color out. This one is really sheer though, so it's much easier to wear for me. I love these lip butters, they're so moisturizing and you don't even need a mirror to apply them.

Captivating Carnation is a medium pink with a glossy finish. This one is semi-opaque, super moisturizing, and not sticky at all. There's a flowery taste to this, which was quite weird in the beginning. The gloss stays glossy for at least 4 hours and I love the packaging on this.

I'm not going to bore you guys AGAIN. Just read this here.


left to right:  Revlon Colorburst Laquer Balm in Provocateur, Revlon Just Bitten Kissable in Smitten, NYX Butter Gloss in Red Velvet, Bite Beauty Lip Gloss in Strangefruit, Revlon Lip Butter in Candy Apple, Maybelline Color Elixirs in Captivating Carnation, Tarte Lipsurgence Lip Tint in Elite

What colors do you like to wear in the summer time? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment