Wednesday, October 29, 2014

October Favorites


It's that time of month again! Is anyone else kind of freaking out that it's November next month? What did I even do this year?? Oh, work. How could I forget? 
Let's get on with the products.

Yes, I have the THIRTYMUD mask in another favorites post, but I had to! This mask saved my skin on all our flights.  I had to go through one layover each on the way to Barcelona and on the way back home, so my skin was super dry and parched from all the recycled air on the planes. Just a thin layer of this was enough to keep my skin from going completely wonky. I won't get into the details again, but you can read the last favorites post from September here

Picked this baby up on my trip and I've been using it every day since. It's not a scent I normally go for, it's very fresh, fruity (not sweet though), and a bit woody. Not floral in the slightest, which is what all my perfumes smell like. The fragrance is very distinct. I loved it at first sniff. You can wear this scent all year round, but it's definitely more of a daytime fragrance. Go to your nearest Jo Malone counter and check this out!

An oldie but a goodie. It's finally Fall, so I've been wearing darker lip colors. I actually think Sultry is a very good dupe for the Kylie Jenner lip trend lately. This color is a darker pink, with some brown undertones. You can see how it looks on me in my Revlon Balms post. I've been loving mattes lately, and this one is so comfortable on the lips and not drying at all. Can't even feel it and it's long lasting too.

I've been pairing my Sultry matte balm with this lip liner from Rimmel. I never thought I would be a lip liner girl, but since using this product, I've noticed how lining your lips and filling them in makes your lips so much fuller. My lips are very thin and I have a small mouth, so anything helps. The color is a perfect match to the Revlon balm as well. The lip liner goes on smoothly, isn't drying and slightly waxy, so the color stays put. Besides you can't beat the price point at $5.99.

This was the only mascara I brought with me on my two and half week trip. It survived the sweat and sun of Barcelona and Rome, and the wind and rain of Amsterdam and Berlin. The only issue I have with this mascara is the wand, it's too big, so it's very easy to get it on your eyelids. But it's an easy fix. This stuff doesn't budge at all, and I never have any problems with smudging or flaking under my eyes.

This app is a lifesaver. It helped us out so much on the trip. The amazing part about this app is that it doesn't require data or WIFI, you can use it anywhere and it'll locate you on the map. For anyone traveling, download this app right now, it's free too! I used this every single day, it helped me find landmarks, restaurants, bars, everything.

What have your favorites been this month? Let me know down in the comments! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment