Sunday, May 4, 2014

a trip to the ER

My dad woke me up this morning at 6:30 saying he was in a lot of pain and needed me to take him to the emergency room. It's the first time I've ever seen my dad like that, and I seriously didn't know what to do. When we got to Kaiser, I was surprised by how many people were there in the emergency rooms already. The moment we left the waiting room and walked into the back, I just got this overwhelming feeling of sickness and sadness. I know people aren't dying or anything, but seeing all those patients unable to move, looking so helpless, was saddening. I couldn't help it and started tearing up waiting for my dad. I felt bad for crying in front of my mom, because I know she was more scared than I was. I wasn't crying because of my dad, because I knew he would be ok, but it was kind of like life just hit me right then. You never know what's going to happen. Take care of your body, we're young now, but it's not going to stay that way forever. Everything is fine now, and they didn't find anything serious with my dad, but I really hope to never go into the emergency room again. Sorry about this super depressing post.

1 comment: