Chia seeds are full of antioxidants, omega-3, protein, and fiber. Once you let the seeds sit in liquid, they expand and have a gooey, gelatinous texture. This is supposed to help you stay full faster and longer. Chia seeds help with digestion, regulate your blood sugar, and overall just help promote a healthier body. I've also added them to smoothies!
1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons raw chia seeds
2 cups of vanilla almond milk (my favorite brand is Diamond Breeze)
1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons maple syrup
Pinch of salt
1. Place the chia seeds in a medium sized bowl.
2. Pour in almond milk, vanilla extract, maple syrup, and salt.
3. Whisk to combine.
4. Cover bowl and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight, stirring occasionally.
5. Before serving, stir the pudding in case of lumps.
You can add any toppings you want, such as fruits, granola, and chocolate!
* If you want a thicker pudding, substituting 1 cup of yogurt with the almond milk will do the trick. However, I found that makes the pudding a bit sour, so you would need to add more maple syrup.
*If you wanted to make a chocolate pudding, you can add some cocoa powder to the mixture as well.
*Side note: the texture of chia seeds is something that might need some getting use to :)
everything all whisked together
I experimented with some pandan extract instead of vanilla
2 different flavors. Doesn't it look like a brain??
Enjoy! And let me know if you tried it!